First…THANK YOU for asking! You can partner with us financially by going to Peace Catalyst’s giving page at https://www.peacecatalyst.org/donate/, clicking on the orange “Give Now” button, and selecting our names and the amount you’d like to donate on a one-time or monthly basis.
Is it tax-deductible?
Yes, all gifts are tax-deductible through PCI, who handles our funds and helps us with our budget.
Why do you need to raise support?
Just like charter schools, some news stations like NPR, human rights groups, and charitable organizations, the income base for our work comes from charitable donations. Around the world, but especially in tumultuous regions of the world like the Balkans, there isn’t a lot of funding for peacemaking work or religious formation for peace. Our work is made possible only through the charitable donations of our financial partners.
Are you seeking one-time or monthly gifts?
Both one-time gifts and monthly financial support are helpful. Monthly financial partners provide us with the stability needed to work in peace making long-term. One-time gifts will help pay for one-time expenses like trainings, flights, and other one-time, large expenses.
How much do people normally give?
While friends and partners give from $10/month up to several hundred per month, the most common gift is $100/month as part of one’s budgeted monthly tithe or offering.
What is the overhead?
87% of your gift goes directly to our budget (see below). The other 13% goes toward monthly merchant fees (the processing fee for online donations) and PCI’s administrative costs, which comes back to us indirectly in the form of services such as training, staff care, networking resources, and administrative support.
What does your budget breakdown look like? And how much do you need to raise?
Most people only consider ‘salary’ (food, rent, personal travel, & dispensable income) when thinking about a budget to live overseas, but our total cost that we must raise includes additional expenses like insurance, retirement, and administrative overhead, just like for any employee for any organization. Since we’re living internationally, these items constitute a higher percentage of our overall budget than they would were we living domestically.
Our family’s salary is approximately 70% of the total funds we raise (about $4,600 out of $6,500 per month), which includes pension and children’s education (8%), medical insurance (10%), and taxes/FICA (15% since we’re categorized as “self-employed”). Our expenses that go directly toward peace making work is another 17% of our budget, and the final 13% is for PCI’s administrative overhead and merchant fees (the processing fee for online donations – usually 2.5%).
What is Peace Catalyst International (PCI)?
Peace Catalyst International is a group of individuals whose vision is to catalyze local movements of Christian-Muslim peacemaking initiatives in the way of Jesus. Their staff do that by partnering with Muslims to work for peace and by organizing loving initiatives that create safe spaces and foster authentic relationships between Christians and Muslims.
PCI affirms a distinctively Jesus-centered approach to peacemaking. We, along with PCI’s staff, strive to imitate him, follow his teachings and demonstrate his love, while also learning from academics and practitioners of diverse perspectives.
Where can I find Peace Catalyst’s annual reports?
Annual reports can be found here on Peace Catalyst’s webpage,