We update this page as we discover resources related to Christian peace building or Muslim-Christian relations. Please contact us if you have found any resources that are particularly helpful in your own peace building work or in understanding and loving your religious neighbors more!
You don’t need to become an expert in Muslim-Christian issues before you engage with your Muslim neighbors. Muslims themselves are your best teachers, and if you start conversations and ask questions respectfully, you will not only learn about their faith, you will also form friendships and build trust at the same time. With that being said, some of the links below might help answer some of your initial questions about peace making between Christians and Muslims or simply get you started.
- for a quick intro about our call to peace building, check out Peace Catalyst’s video:
- to read about how a deeper theology of peace and reconciliation is needed for many Christians and Christian churches today, check out Rick Love’s “The Missing Peace of Evangelical Missiology: Peacemaking and Respectful Witness.”
- if you’re skeptical about or interested in the role of religion in the peace building, we invite you to read Joseph L. Cumming’s “Religious Resources in Peacemaking Between Christians and Muslims.”
- for answers to practical questions that you have about Islam and Muslims or some answers to questions Muslims have about Christianity, check out the FAQs that Christians have about Muslims and Muslims have about Christians.
- and for an overview of what what peace building can look like, check out this video: